Sunday, March 15, 2009

Snickerdoodles

So here it is! My first recipe of the year. I came across this recipe on the food blog, "The way the cookie crumbles." http://crumblycookie.wordpress.com/2008/05/09/snickerdoodles/. I've been a fan of Bridget's blog for a while and couldn't help myself when I came across this recipe. It's been some time since I've made snickerdoodles and the last time I made them.. well... they didn't turn out too good... But this time... the cookies were AMAZING!! Just what I was hoping for. I would definitely give these a try! Here is the recipe from Bridget.

Snickerdoodles (adapted from Betty Crocker’s Big Red Cookbook)
2¾ cups (13.75 ounces) unbleached flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoons salt
1½ cups granulated sugar minus
1 tablespoon (10.35 ounces total)
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
¼ cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar (for rolling)
2 tablespoons cinnamon 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside. 2. Beat butter and sugars (except the ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling) until creamy; add eggs and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. 3. Mix ¼ cup sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll approximately a tablespoon of dough into a 1-inch ball; roll ball in cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake until cookies are just set and turning golden brown at edges, 8-9 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes; then, using a wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.

3 comments:

Maria@healthydiaries said...

They were so good! I had one last night!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked these! They're my husband's favorite cookie. Did you find that it was too much cinnamon? It seems like a lot, and I don't think I used it all last time I made them.

Healthy Diaries said...

Bridget - I didn't think the cinnamon was too much at all! I loved it and thought everythihng was perfect!